Pages

Sunday 1 December 2013

Favourite Make-Up Brand

Hello Everyone!

Wow, it's week 4 already and I'm actually on time- just!!
This weeks #BritishBloggerSelection theme is about your favourite make-up brand and an explanation as to why you love it so much.

I am not much of a make-up wearer, having only just started to wear it 'everyday' since last summer (2012). I never really needed to wear mascara to enhance my eyelashes as they were already super long, and for quite a while my skin was pretty clear from blemishes and spots. However, if I was having a bad day with spots or any redness then I would use a small bit of my mums concealer.

Looking through the make-up products I do own, it seems evident that I am a big fan of Rimmel, as the majority of my items are from this brand. I think more often than not I self-consciously buy products from the brands stall in the make-up department without thinking "oh hello another Rimmel purchase". Maybe what draws me towards buying them is the stylish packaging which is engaging and partly makes you want to purchase it due to the overall look. As Rimmel is a high street drug store brand it is a conveniently great price, making it all very affordable (even for students, like me). I have found that the individual products seem to all last a long time too, which makes it worth every penny you spend. A little goes a long way with Rimmel.

I am a huge fan of nail varnishes, maybe it's because I'm into art and painting. Basically here I'm trying to say that the wide variety of colours available in nail varnishes are very similar to acrylic paints used in art, which is very exciting! My nails are always different colours, I love painting my nails! It can express a mood or a feeling, for example around Christmas I like to go for dark/glittery colours as I love Christmas sooo much!! However, it can take quite a while to paint nails and get them neat, I always end up with varnish all over my fingers. :/ I decide when to paint my nails a different colour when my present colour starts to chip, which for me happens very quickly as I do not apply a top coat. 


Favourite Products:
* Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation; I love this foundation, as the consistency of it is very thin and very quick and easy to apply to your face with fingertips or a brush. This foundation comes in quite a few different shades, which means there is one out there for everyone, I use the Ivory 001. It is also a great price at only £6.99, and the quality is amazing- this is a favourite with many beauty bloggers. This foundation has a slight shine to it, when it is on your face, but it's not OTT and it gives you a nice glow.



* Barry M Nail Polishes; These are my favourite nail varnish brand as they are so affordable, being usually only between £2.99 and £3.99 each and they seem to give you so many uses. Barry M have a huge range of colours and even types (for example; the gelly polishes and the effects- crackle) that you'll be spoilt for choice. When wearing one of their polishes they tend to last a long time without chipping. For me I find that the coverage and amount of coats depends on the colour as sometimes with a dark colour you can get away with one coat. 

* Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer; I know that this is none of the brands I previously mentioned, but this is a god send. This is the best concealer that I have used as it has such great coverage on any spots, blemishes or redness completely for up to 16 hours (so it advertises). It is in packaging very much like lip-gloss, with the applicator being the same as a lip-gloss brush. With this product there a fewer shades to choose from, I firstly picked up a light 2, as in the shop lighting it seemed to blend into my hand. When I got home, I became all patchy where it was too dark for me, so I purchased the fair 1 (oh the joys of being pale!)


This is all of the make-up products that I have been loving, what are your favourite brands?

No comments:

Post a Comment