Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Hello everyone!

On Sunday I went to go see the new addition to The Hunger Games trilogy with my dad and sister. I loved the first film so much, and with this long wait between both films I was expecting something amazing. And I was not disappointed, it was 2 and a half hours of awesomeness.
When the first film came out last July, the trailer didn't really sell it to me. To be honest I don't really remember it much! I wasn't too fussed about paying to see a film I wasn't 100% in to, so I never went.... for quite some time. I think it may have been one of my friends who told me I should go see it, as she had also previously read all 3 books. She told me the film was so good and that she even cried (at the part when Rue died... Spoiler alert!) The time then came around for my dad to take me and my sister to the cinema to watch a film, and The Hunger Games happened to be the only film we all agreed on. I didn't have a clue on the plot, or who was in it. We just went in, not expecting much from it. Walking out after it had finished, I was highly impressed and couldn't wait for the next film to come out.
To fill the void over the next year and 4 months, my dad bought me the book trilogy. Apart from Harry Potter and Angus, Thongs & Full Frontal Snogging, I'd never watched a film, loved it so much that I just had to read the books. Between the lengthy time of the two films I managed to read both books and start the third (due to work and college, I have not yet had time to finish it :( But I will!) Whilst reading the first book, it was hard as I already had a pre-set imagery of the characters and set from the film, so it took me a while to stop only thinking about the film, as some parts were not the same. Reading the second book was much easier, I could imagine everything as I thought it would be like. The book was full of action, and made me even more excited for when the time was to come along in November 2013.
Catching fire came out on Thursday 21st November, but I couldn't go to see it on the day of release as I was working the late night shopping shift; 4:30pm-7:30pm. Also neither me or my dad had any money to go to the cinema, so I had to wait a few days. I don't usually mind waiting, but this was 'The Hunger Games', I just had to see it. On the Friday of that week my dad found out that he actually did have enough money, so we planned to go on Saturday evening after I finished work. That was until 1D Day came along. It was a 7 hour live-stream of One Direction completing challenges, interviews and games to give back to fans for their support. In the UK it went it went from 7pm to 2:30am and my sister sat in front of the laptop for 7 hours straight, and refused to move to see the film. We eventually went on the Sunday evening and Oh my.... it was sooo good, how did I wait this long!? During the film I tried so hard not to judge some parts if it was different from the book or if some parts weren't there. For me, the majority of the film's set was how I pictured it in my head which was great to see it come to life. Saying that, I did notice parts of the book that weren't featured in the film (I won't spoil it for anyone and give any of it away) but I obviously do realise that the film was long enough and the book goes into way more depth and detail.

I would recommend that you all go to see the film now, or wait for the lovely surprise on DVD. I also think that if you do like the films then you should read the books too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment