Pages

Saturday 9 November 2013

My future decided

Hello Everyone!

A few blog posts ago I talked about attending Southampton Solent University's open day, it's now been 2 weeks since I went along with my dad and I thought I'd write about how much I loved it!! 
Although I don't live too far from Southampton (about 30-40 mins), it was still an early start, making sure we get there on time for the first presentation which was at 10am. Once we got to Southampton it took us a while to find a place to park as the University only has a staff car park, when we did it was in the town centre (not too far from Solent Uni) and because of this it cost £10 to park for only 5 hours! :O Oh yes to top off the most expensive start to a day ever, on the way my dad managed to very cleverly get caught by a speed camera doing 36mph in a 30mph zone! Tut Tut!
The first presentation was for the Magazine Journalism and Features Writing course, which was my main reason for coming to this open day. When I first walked into the University I was bombarded by comments from my dad telling me all about how it had changed since he came here to study art, he even went as far to tell me that I was walking on the same stairs he used to walk up!? what?? ahaha As soon as I walked into the presentation room I was greeted by such friendly staff welcoming me, the room was laid out exactly like a typical newsroom (like the messy one you see on BBC news). During the presentation it just confirmed it all for me, THIS is the place I want to study at and THIS is the course I want to do. What interested me most is the fact that you get to actually complete work experience within the journalism industry, which I cannot wait for!! Southampton Solent bring in the best guest speakers from the industry to help assist you with your work and to give you tips for the future. My second career choice would be to become a infant or primary school teacher, as I enjoyed my year 10 work experience, working with year 3's, so much! On this course, should I decide to not like journalism for any reason you can move onto a teaching course with ease, this helped draw me into this course even more.
To round off this very positive and descriptive post, I just wanted to say that I now have my future decided and I just cannot wait to start! ahhhh :D
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment