Pages

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Recipe: Chocolate Drops

Hello Everyone!

Last week I decided to do some baking. I love baking, I genuinely think opening my own bakery would be brill! The only thing I don't like is the waiting around for it to cook in the oven, it just always takes too long! :( 20-30 minutes seems like hours to wait.

This time I chose to bake some chocolate cookie type things, called Chocolate Drops (I call them chocolate poo's, you'll see why later). The recipe for them is from my mum, I think it may have been past down to her from someone in my family. Chocolate Drops are so yummy and amazing, you'll never want to put them down. If I ever feel a random impulse to bake, the ingredients are also those you're more likely to find in your cupboards.

Ingredients: (Makes 18-20)
* 100g Butter
* 50g Caster Sugar
* 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
* 90g Plain Flour
* 15g Cocoa Powder

Pre-Heat the oven at 190c/ Gas Mark 5

Method:
1. Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
2. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mix and stir together.
3. With a spoon drop 18-20  teaspoons of mixture on a greased baking tray, making sure they're well apart. (if you want them to be bigger, then you'll end up with less drops)

4.Bake in the oven at 190c (Gas Mark 5) for 17 minutes.
5. When thoroughly cooked, remove from the oven and leave them on a cooling rack for 1-2 minutes. 

6. After they have cooled, it is now time for the best part... eating them.

This is such a simple and quick recipe to make, even those not confident with cooking can make these. You should try making them to understand my love for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment