Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

Good Memories From The Year!

Hello Everyone! This is the first post of the NEW YEAR!



2013 was a great year, wasn't it? For me, it was the best year of my 18 years of life and it can only get better. So many great things happened during the year, at the beginning of the year I set myself goals of what I WILL achieve in 2013-and I achieved the majority of these goals! :D 


Near the end of 2012, my sister had been scouring Twitter which for her is like a daily chore and whilst doing this she came across a brilliant idea. The idea was to have a jar/pot to put in all of your happy memories from the year and then on the 31st December or 1st January (of the new year) you open it and read about all the good things. So to keep on top of it, when something memorable happens write it down and place it in the jar/pot. It is such an amazing feeling opening up what you have written and reminiscing on all the good things from the year. I would advise anyone reading to do this throughout 2014.


On the 1st January 2014 I opened up my pot and found that I had 43 memories to read through. Reading them all confirmed to me that 2013 was indeed my year. 
Here are a few of my good memories I'd like to share with you:

* I went to 4 concerts this year and all of them were good in different ways; In April- Kodaline and One Direction, In September- Arctic Monkeys at the iTunes Festival, In December- JLS.
* I met Kodaline after the gig with my sister.
* I went to Winter Wonderland in London's Hyde Park for the second year in a row. I did a blog post on this day, read it here
* I got through my first year of college. 
* I got 3 offers from the universities I applied for.
* I got my first piece of writing published in Mayhem! Magazine. 
* I started this blog, which has been so much fun to write and express myself whenever I feel the need.
* I also turned 18 which is a great thing in itself!

At the beginning of the year I set myself two goals that I WILL and DID achieve in 2013, I didn't know when it would happen, I just knew it would. These two things were:
* I said that I would get a job, after two years of trying and applying for many places. In September I had an interview for a job at Primark and started my first shift within that week. It took a long time, but it finally happened.
* I also said that I will pass my driving test, not necessarily first time but that would be great. I did that too! On August 29th I passed my theory test first time and then on 7th November I passed my practical test first time. I am now still saving for insurance as it is ridiculously expensive. 

Anyway, that was my AMAZING year, I would love to hear about yours. Or maybe if you did the happy memories from the year jar/pot. It's the start of the new year so why not start now and fill up your jar with good things. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment