Pages

Friday 31 January 2014

Chocolate and Vanilla Marble Loaf

Hello Everyone!

As you all probably know by now, by reading some of my other blog posts (if you have that is... ;)..) that I am a huge fan of cooking. Anytime I have a day off or no work do of an evening I will buy some ingredients to bake a cake, or cook dinner some nights. Although I do cook quite often, I still get really nervous letting other people try what I cooked..what if they don't like it? what if I make them ill? All extremes, I know!

So, this week I decided I wanted to make a cake loaf and I settled with the idea of baking a chocolate and vanilla marble loaf- the marble aspect of it didn't turn out as I had hoped, but it was still yummy nonetheless.

Ingredients:
* 225g Butter
* 225g Caster Sugar
* 275g Self-raising Flour
* 2 tsp Baking Powder
* 4 Eggs (medium/large preferably)
* 2 tbsp Milk
* ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
* 1½ tbsp Cocoa Powder
* 2 tbsp Hot/Warm Water

Pre-Heat the oven at 160c/ Gas Mark 3

Method:
1. Put the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs, milk and vanilla essence into a mixing bowl and mix/ stir together until it is well blended and you get a thick consistency.









 
2. Pour half of this mixture into another mixing bowl. Place one bowl to the side and leave until your pour into the baking tin.

3. In a jug or bowl pour the hot water and into this add the cocoa powder. Mix the two together until smooth and then add to one of the bowls. Stir in the chocolate mix until you get a chocolatey mixture.
4. Spoon in the chocolate and vanilla mixtures into the greased baking tin randomly, until the two bowls are empty. To achieve a marble effect, add spoonfuls of the different mixtures in a variety of places and quantities, whilst baking in the oven they will combine together.
5. Place the tin in the pre-heated oven for 50 minutes to an hour, depending on how long the cake takes to rise.

6. Once the cake is fully cooked (if you're wary you can stick a knife into the cake a remove it to see if the cake is sticky inside- cook for longer if this is the case) remove it from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for a while. After a few minutes you can turn the cake out onto a cooling rack.

7. When you feel it is cool enough, you may eat it.

Have fun baking this! It's such a simple cake to make and adapt to suit what you like about a cake

No comments:

Post a Comment