Pages

Monday 19 January 2015

Skincare Boost

Hello Everyone!

Being a 19 year old girl, I have to constantly deal with troublesome skin more often than I may want to. But I suppose it's not up to me, if it was, I would definitely have flawless skin without the need for - much - if any foundation. It would be much easier and less time consuming not having to worry about putting on and taking off the foundation, cleansing, toning and moisturising- all of this would not be necessary if you could have 'perfect' skin without having to consistently try to improve or prevent imperfections.

The harsh truth to this sparkly reality is that I do need to take care of my skin, especially when those pesky spots occur in the most inconvenient of moments. I go through phases of being really good with my skin routine to get rid of and keep the spots away, although I imagine like most people when you miss one day for whatever reason (for me it's usually because I'm tired and just want to sleep!) it produces a series of 'forgetting' the routine that was working so very well.

Lately, I have been doing well with my skincare, keeping up with every part. I have even been drinking endless amounts of water, bottles and bottles of the stuff- although the only downside is that I have been going to the loo an awful lot more than normal. I have seen great effects to my skin, it has helped to energise my dry skin and also keep me fit and healthy too. For many years I have always made sure that I have a bottle of water with me, when I go to bed, go to Uni, work....as you can never beat the feeling of being completely parched and 'downing' some fresh water. Ahhh.....







Also to help with my skincare daily I have been using Clearasil's ultra blemish + marks scrub. I use it during my morning wash and by using this before putting on any makeup makes my skin super soft, allowing the foundation to glide on without my face looking cakey. Along with this I also have been using their ultra rapid action treatment cream, which I put on those stubborn/big spots as it helps to reduce the redness and shrink it's size over a few hours. Together, I think that these face products compliment each other so well as I have seen vast improvements to my skin since using these. I believe that if you find something that works either together with another product or alone, keep up with it- using it daily- until it no longer works (which is often the case for having temperamental skin) or simply find that 'thing' that's works better.


Now I am not saying that you should go away and use everything I have mentioned as everyone's skin is different, tricks that work for me may not work for you. These are just the products and ideas that have made my skin appear healthier recently, but this may also change with the extremely cold weather we have in the UK at this time of year. You may have to experiment with a fair few products from various brands to find the 'perfect solution'- it took me long enough to get this!

I hope you enjoyed this small insightful look into my recent skincare boost, feel free to leave a comment letting me know what you use or have been loving on your skin. :D

Lots of Love, x

No comments:

Post a Comment